"A great artist is always before his time or behind it."
-George Edward Moore

Friday, April 8, 2011

Poema Paralelo


Author's note: This is a parallel poem to Campo by Antonio Machado. I tried to copy how his lines sounded and somewhat relate them to what he was talking about, which was the country side during the night.
 
El sol se esta echando,
Escondido del la luna.

En la distancia sus rayos todavía tocan,
Las últimas flores en el otoño.

Asi también, esas pocas
Están dejando ir sus pétalos preciosos

¡Las ojas roja, verde y rosa..
Cayendo, una por una!

Cada pétalo es otra lágrima,
Bañado en el amor mas puro.


Original poem!

 La tarde está muriendo
como un hogar humilde que se apaga.

Allá, sobre los montes,
quedan algunas brasas.

Y ese árbol roto en el camino blanco
hace llorar de lástima.

¡Dos ramas en el tronco herido, y una
hoja marchita y negra en cada rama!

¿Lloras?... Entre los álamos de oro,
lejos, la sombra del amor te aguarda.

4 comments:

  1. I love this poem. Even though I don't speak Spanish, I could pick out bits and pieces about what you were talking about. I just loved reading because how the words just kind of flow in a beautiful way. I wish you could have provided an English translation for those who are not so awesome at Spanish. thanks, and great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I completely forgot about the English translation, thank you for reminding me. Also, thank you! This is one of my first poems I've actually written in Spanish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so pretty! I loved listening to you read it! Was it hard writing the poem in Spanish? I agree with Abby, it would be good to have a translation but it was still so good! Great job reading and writing your poem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This poem is crazy good! Even though I had pretty much no clue what you were saying in Spanish, it still sounded pretty. When I heard in English what it actual meant I realized just how good of a poem it was. You did a great job reading!

    ReplyDelete